The Battic Door Attic Stair Cover is Easy To Install!
Pictures and Install Instructions Below
All our stair cover kits come with a durable strong stair cover. Here is over 350 lbs on top of the stair cover - lightweight and very strong and durable.
Our BEST kit includes stair cover, reflective shield, and R-50 insulation.
Reflective Aluminum Shield slips over stair cover and seals insulation. It also provides a reflective surface that saves energy and reflects away heat. The Reflective Aluminum Shield blocks up to 97% of radiant heat!
Easy to install. Assemble the stair cover and then bring the stair cover, reflective shield and R-50 insulation into the attic. Final assembly is performed in the attic as the finished kit will not fit through the stairs!
Drop the R-50 insulation into the reflective shield.
Then insert the stair cover into the reflective shield.
Stair cover is positioned on top of the weatherstrip seal as you leave the attic.
When you enter the attic just lift and move the stair cover out of the way. No hinges or zippers to get in your way or break!
The hinges clear the sides and top of the stair cover.
A stair cover must be used to seal attic stairs. Without a stair cover, there is nothing between you and the outdoors except the thin 1/8" piece of plywood! Energy Codes require these openings to be sealed and insulated - otherwise they are like an open skylight letting all your heat and AC just pour out of your house - wasting energy and costing you 24/7!
Close up of weatherstripping seal around the perimeter of our stair cover.
Cut-away view of our stair cover at one of the numerous trade shows and home shows we exhibit at each year.
FITS BETWEEN TRUSSES! THE ORIGINAL AND THE BEST! THE CONTRACTOR'S CHOICE!
- The Battic Door Attic Stair Cover is quickly and easily installed in minutes with no tools required!
- Included in the Battic Door Attic Stair Cover kit is the attic stairway cover, a supply of weatherstripping and a set of installation instructions.
- The attic stairway cover is self-locking - just fold it into shape! Self-locking tabs securely lock the ends of the cover into place - it just takes a minute to assemble!!
- Test fit the Battic Door on the folding attic stairway frame. Then apply the adhesive-backed weatherstripping to the top of the folding attic stairway frame.
- Then position the Battic Door Attic Stair Cover onto the weatherstripping as you leave the attic. The weatherstripping is as wide as the attic door frame - just let it fall into place and the stair cover embeds itself into the weatherstripping!
- That's it - you're done!
- The Battic Door Attic Stair Cover is designed to reduce drafts and save energy costs by reducing the transfer of air (drafts) between the conditioned house and the unconditioned attic. Insulation alone cannot do this - you need to prevent unwanted air leakage. And the Battic Door Attic Stair Cover does this quite well!!
- However - to maximize the benefits of the Battic Door Attic Stair Cover, if desired, the insulating value of the Battic Door Attic Stair Cover can be increased by adding insulation to the top of the cover.